Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers in Whittier, CA
Airborne and biological pollutants are definitely very real concerns when it comes to the quality of the air in one’s home. However, these pollutants are not the only things that can drag down your indoor air quality. You may run into trouble with the balance of humidity in your living space, as well.
If you do have too much or too little humidity in the air surrounding you in your home, then you are going to encounter a number of unpleasant symptoms. Fortunately for you, the IAQ specialists at Greenleaf Heating & Cooling are never more than a phone call away. We excel in the installation and servicing of whole-house humidifiers and dehumidifiers in Whittier, CA.
Do You Need a Humidifier in Whittier, CA?
There are many different warning signs that you may notice that can indicate the need for a humidifier in Whittier, CA. If you see any of these signs of excessively dry air in your home, we recommend that you contact us. We’ll make sure that you have the best humidifier for your home in place promptly.
- Dry, itchy skin. If the air surrounding you all day in your home is very dry, then you can expect your skin to dry out, too. This can make it itchy, and may even lead to your skin cracking and bleeding. Humidifying the air can help you to avoid and resolve such issues.
- Sore throats and bloody noses. Another common symptom of very dry air is the development of sore throats and bloody noses. Dry air can dry out your throat, nasal passages, and mucous membranes. This also puts you at greater risk of illness by incapacitating your body’s natural line of defense.
- Splitting floorboards, chipping paint, cracked wallpaper. The ill effects of very dry air are not only a problem for your body. They can negatively affect your property in these ways, as well. Increased static shocks due to dry air can even damage sensitive electronics in your home.
When to Use a Whole–House Dehumidifier
Having too much humidity in your home is no better than having too little. We run our air conditioners a lot in this part of the country, which has some dehumidifying effect. However, using a designated dehumidifier may still be necessary. We employ some of the best dehumidifier technicians around, so call us if your air is too humid.
- Signs of mold growth or water damage. If the air in your home is too humid, it can cause mold to thrive. Such biological pollutants do very well in very humid conditions. Keep an eye out for mold growth, or wet spots on your walls or carpeting.
- Mugginess. Does the environment in your home feel muggy and damp, even when you are running your air conditioner? Then the air is so humid that the dehumidifying effect of your AC is just not enough. Pairing the air conditioner with a dehumidifier will help its overall operation.
- Warped or rotted wood. If you see any wood rot or warping of floorboards or wooden furniture in your home, it could be due to excessive humidity in the air. Drying out the air sufficiently can protect your property.
Call for Humidifier and Dehumidifier Repairs and Installations
Using whole–house humidifiers and dehumidifiers is far preferable to moving around portable units and emptying water collection tanks or filling their reserves. However, such whole–house humidification systems do need to be professionally installed and serviced. We’ll do the job right properly.
Not only will we ensure that your system is of the right size for your needs, but we’ll integrate it into your existing HVAC system with the utmost care. Need dehumidifier repairs in Whittier, CA? Dial our number. We fix it right the first time!
Serving All of Southern California
See if we service your area