Duct Repair and Replacement in Whittier, CA
Forced air HVAC systems are incredibly popular. Most homeowners use a central air conditioner to cool their homes, and the furnace is a perennial favorite heating system among homeowners. Heat pumps offer both heating and cooling in one convenient system, and use ductwork to distribute conditioned air throughout the house.
The only way that you can hope to heat and/or cool your home successfully when using any such system is if your ductwork is in fine working condition. We can ensure that this is the case. Your ducts may suffer operational problems for a number of different reasons. Whatever happens, you can count on Greenleaf Heating & Cooling to complete your duct repair and replacement services in Whittier, CA properly.
Signs That You Need Duct Repair
You may think that the fact that your air conditioner or heater is starting up and running regularly means that it is working properly. However, it may actually be struggling to do its job because of compromised ductwork. Now, your air ducts are largely hidden from view, so you cannot really visually inspect them for damages. There are, however, plenty of warning signs that you may notice which can indicate the need for duct repair in Whittier, CA. We fix it right the first time!
- Uneven temperatures throughout your home. This is one of the surest signs that you have a problem with your ductwork. If the length of ductwork servicing any given area in your home is leaking, then you can expect that area to be warmer or cooler than it should be.
- Increased energy costs. The air leaking out of your air ducts is going to wind up somewhere in your home. That means that you won’t be looking at a 100% loss in your investment. However, you will very likely see an increase in your heating and cooling costs without a clear cause.
- Declining indoor air quality. While air leaking out of your ductwork may be the first problem you think of when your ducts are compromised, you should also consider the fact that pollutants can make their way into the system. When that happens, the air quality in your home can suffer.
- Hissing or whistling sounds. It may be faint, but you may actually be able to hear air escaping from your ductwork. If you hear any odd sounds coming from your HVAC system, it is always in your best interest to schedule prompt service.
- Frequently dirty air filters. You should be changing air filters in your HVAC system regularly. Typically, they’ll need to be changed every 1–3 months. If they are getting very dirty very quickly, it could be due to pollutants entering the system via leaks.
When Is Duct Replacement Necessary?
In many cases, our technicians are going to be able to repair any damage to your ductwork. There are certain scenarios in which repairs are just not feasible or advisable, though. In such instances, we can complete any necessary duct replacement in Whittier, CA.
If your ductwork has been severely damaged during renovations or due to seismic activity, it may need to be replaced. Likewise if rodents and vermin have set up shop and really compromised it, or if metal ductwork has been seriously corroded. Whatever the case may be, Greenleaf Heating & Cooling can be trusted to get your old ductwork out and to replace it with well–designed, expertly installed new ducts.
Serving All of Southern California
See if we service your area