So, you’ve been enjoying your central air conditioner throughout the summer. But something isn’t quite right. Your common rooms feel nice and cool, but you’re still feeling hot and muggy upstairs or in one of the far bedrooms. In fact, ever since the installation, these rooms have never quite felt right.
Could this mean you need repairs? It’s possible, but in this case, it sounds more like your home is suffering from a typical case of hot spots. Hot spots are those areas that always seem several degrees warmer than the rest of the house. They’re very common, but luckily, there is an air conditioning service in Whittier, CA that can help:
A zone control system.
What is it?
A zone control system is specifically for issues like hot spots. As a nice bonus, however, it can also be used to boost the efficiency of your air conditioner. When used wisely, you can reduce your monthly energy bill.
In a typical central air conditioner set up, you have one thermostat and a series of ducts that direct cool air to the rooms in your house. A good system of ducts will distribute the air equally throughout the home. As long as the HVAC technician who installed the system didn’t do a bad job, your ducts should be working with no problems. However, that doesn’t help when it comes to a hotter-than-average room; those rooms need a little bit more cooling power.
But here’s where some homeowners get it wrong: to combat this issue, they blast the AC. Sure, this could solve the problem, but now your other rooms are too cold. You’re also using more energy than you planned. Treating hot spots this way is sure to create a spike in your next energy bill.
Zone Control to the Rescue
Here’s how zone control helps:
- It adds thermostats to every room that you wish to control individually.
- Electronic dampers installed in the ducts can redirect airflow.
- Combined, they give you ultimate control over your air conditioning.
After installing a zone control system, you now have the control to make your air conditioner truly work for you. Here are just a few ways it will help:
- Fix those hotspots: Whoever’s bedroom was unfortunate enough to occupy a hot spot can now find comfort and relief. In fact, they can now set the temperature to whatever they find comfortable.
- Everyone can be happy: People have different preferences for temperature. While you might find the cold invigorating, someone else in the family could be bundled in blankets while sipping on hot tea. A zone control system means that everyone can enjoy the AC differently.
- No more wasted money: Do you have a guestroom that goes unused? A vacant bedroom from a son or daughter who has moved out? There’s no reason to send cooled air to these spots. A zone control system allows you to completely shut these places out when they’re not in use. Not only does this save you money on your energy bill, it also reduces the amount of work your AC has to perform, leading to less wear and tear on the machine.
Achieving maximum comfort is possible with zone control. Contact Greenleaf Heating & Cooling to find out how it can help you!